Because I want to know how other people (you) pronounce the word internet. If you want to contribute, please follow the steps below:
First things first:
- Record yourself saying “Hello, I’m from the internet.” in your native language and/or accent. [If you need a sound editor, Audacity is a great piece of code that is designed for this very purpose.]
- Save your recording as a WAV file. [MP3 is fine, too.]
Ways to send me your recordings:
- The easiest way: Directly email the file to me at (
- Another practical way: Upload your recording using Senduit or Dropbox, and send the link to me via this form or by emailing to (
- Yet another pretty easy way: Use SoundCloud, then just send me the link.
- The tricky way: PM me your link via
Please don’t forget to include these in your message:
- Your native dialect.
[i.e. “English (British; Coventry, Warwickshire)” or “Danish (Nordjydsk/Sjællandsk)”]
- Original version of the sentence you’ve recorded in proper transcription. (Examples: 1, 2, 3, 4)
- Translation of the sentence. (Look at the examples given above)
- Your preferred alias to be credited as in your post; your name, nickname with your weblog’s URL, etc.
— Cold Pillow (Oh, by the way, these are mine)
Love it. I shall totally submit something. <3
Oh dear. I hope no picks on wolverine.